There are multiple ways to add a photo to the TOPW Flickr group, but here is a simple one. (These steps are correct as of 06-Jan-2024, using Chrome on a desktop; the Flickr app may have different steps.)
- Login to your Flickr account. (If you don’t have one, you can create one here)
- Upload your photo(s) to your account.
- You can set/modify the photo’s title and description via the sidebar.
- Complete the upload by clicking the “Upload 1 Photo” button in the top right, then continue to your photostream.
- Click on the image you want to share with the TOPW group.
- Towards the end of the page, check the Viewing Privacy = Public (if you try to share a private photo it will tell you to make it public.)
- Just above that Additional Info section you should see Tags; click on Add Tags, enter the appropriate TOPW-related tag (e.g. 2024TOPWrs) and press Enter then click on Done.
- Go to the TOPW group page, https://www.flickr.com/groups/torontophotowalks/
- Click on Add Photo (just above the thumbnails) to be presented with a box where you can pick which of your photos to share.
- Again, remember that photos that do not meet the group’s rules will be deleted.
If you’re a Lightroom user, you can connect LR to Flickr and simplify this process – there’s an official HowTo page for that.