Questions & Answers from the January 10th meeting:
The first Toronto Photo Walks group exhibition will be at Studio 561 on March 17th-31st 2012.
Submitting your images:
- deadline for submitting work is Feb 4th (it’s a photo walk) — package details are below
- images must be in TIFF or JPEG format with minimum compression; no more than 8bit- not 16bit
- there’s no “review” or “editing” of the work (#12 in FAQ) – original thought was to identify duplication but doesn’t seem necessary
- all images must be submitted with an extra 1½” border on each side which will be part of the image (regardless of size of image), so that the image will wrap around the frame
- (Clarify terminology: print size is larger than frame size, e.g. 11×14 frame is 14×17 print size)
- price is (height + width)*$0.60, e.g. an 11×14″ frame would cost (11+14)*0.6 = 25*0.6 = $15.00
- there are no preset sizes, i.e. you don’t have to stick to “regular” sizes
- exhibitors are encouraged to hang 3-4 images each
Large envelope Name (real name) Contact info Contents: 1 CD with File# GJL-01- 14x17 tiff GJL-02- 14x17 tiff GJL-03- 14x17 tiff Prints-3 Note: file names are print sizes. : sample print must have file name with print size on back : CD case must have file names with print size. : CD must be marked with file names with print size Small envelope Name (real name) Contact info Photo (File name with framing size) :GJL-01-11x14---25" :GJL-02-11x14---25" :GJL-03-11x14---25" Total: 75"x$.60=$45.00 (cash only)
Printing & framing:
- Brad’s company is sponsoring printing and will also be coordinating with framer
- images will be printed on canvas
- printing process may mean a blurry image may be a little more blurry
- space is 3′ x 5′ per person
- everyone is responsible for their own layout within their allotted space
- each person should create business card with contact info, to be displayed with their images
- there won’t be any flyers or handouts at the gallery
- each end of studio will be easel with description of group; Ali will provide 2 easels; can someone help Paul write description?
- need vehicle to transport photos on Friday night / Saturday morning – does anyone have a van?
- 10 people will set up first (10am) – Vicki, Domnic, Brad R, Genie, Jerome, Georgette, Sally, George, Geoff & me; rest can go on morning part of photo walk then set up at noon
- everyone hangs their own work (i.e. we won’t hang it for you!)
- opening: 5pm, March 17 — note: the gallery is closed until 5pm unless you are hanging your work
- everyone to collect their images on the last day of the show, March 31
2 thoughts on “TOPW exhibition Q&A”
Geoff posted in the Flickr group:
Comments are closed.