I was already thinking it was time for an update, and I’ve been contacted by a couple of people recently, so I have checked with the other TOPW admins and here’s our current thinking:
– there’s recently been a sharp increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in our area (https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1306961353517789184)
– the limit on outdoor group size has been cut to 25 people (https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario-stages#gathering-changes)
– we have no way to prevent people from joining our walks, so we cannot ensure we remain within that limit
– managing a register for contact tracing would also be impossible for the same reason
– we cannot ensure people maintain the required minimum physical distance (https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/)
As a result of these concerns, we will not be restarting TOPW at present; it is impossible to forecast when this will change, but we will continue to watch the official regulations and recommendations with the hope of resuming just as soon as it is safe to do so.